Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Name

I personally love to hear my name, because, well, for many reasons. I love it because it means something is directed towards me, i am being mentioned or more. I just generally love my name because I own it. It is not like most things where it can easily be lost; it is mine unless i say it is not. I surely own my name, without a doubt, and Sure, other people share my name/title of Robert, "Robbie", but very few share my full title of Robert/Robbie Charles Holt. that is mine and few others.

Now, I was reminded of the time we live in, a time where economy is bad and your losing many tragic things such as Money, Homes, Cars and other things, but i am reminding you that you have sure ownership of yourself, your identity, your name.
Some people are embarrassed of the sure thing they have, themselves. but really, as things change around you, take pride in who you are and your special traits. I'm not saying that you shouldn't take pride in other things as well, I'm just saying that to many people are not proud of themselves leading to depression, caused by lack of self-confidence and low pride in not only yourself but your work.
Another issue that bothers me is people wanting and actually trying to be someone else. I can think of many reasons why someone would do that but none of them are god reasons. People follow other peoples opinions and there criticisms to religiously. Me being me, i have dealt with peoples opinion a lot and it's an easy fight to win, all you gotta do is take more pride in yourself and stand up for you not being afraid to be you and if you got the guts, stand up for others being themselves as well. I admit, criticism can be helpful but not negatively based criticism which, for some reason, everyone listens to instead of positive criticism.

but basically, don't become to reliant on anything thing because your objects will leave, your friends may seem to change and your always gonna have at least one person giving you that negative criticism, but just buckle down and be proud.

My advice,
Robbie H.

2 comments:

  1. READ THE wHOLE THING! Nice Job!!!



    Keep up the good work.


    From,
    Bradeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. You should check mine out. I made it a really long time ago and you reminded me i had it. So i posted stuff.
    http://being-brandy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete